Saturday, March 5, 2011

Uganda Africa service project.

Dear Diary,
HELLO! so I don't know if you know... but I am in a group of girls that have been raising money, clothes, and school supplies for the girls, boys and adults in Uganda Africa. pretty cool huh?
so the people in this group is me, Elsie Orrego, Emma Holmes, Savannah Holmes, Jenaya Thomson, Rachel Sacket, Ellen Watters, and Megan Watters.

So the last project that came up for us was just that- collect girls and boys clothes for the girls and boys in Uganda! The hard part for the boys was that I live in a family full of girls so I had to ask friends that had extra boy clothes to give away. and the problem with the girls clothes was that girls in Uganda are not allowed to wear pants so we had to only pack pants for them. but in the end I found just the things! and it was so great to know that I am sending the things to the right place.

service projects are always coming around for me! like reading to little kids in the library or packing clothes for Russia for a YW (Young Women's) activity, even making money for from candy bags on Valentines day for Africa's Widows and orphans. because service is what life is all about.

Tanisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...